Tadasana (Mountain pose)
- point feet straight ahead
- distributing weight equally between inner and outer feet
- extending (straightening) knees completely
- lifting her kneecaps and pointing them straight ahead.
Uttanasana (Forward Fold)
- stand in Tadasana with your hands on your hips. Exhale and bend forward from the hip joints, not from the waist.
- with your knees straight, bring palms or finger tips to the floor slightly in front of or beside your feet. If this isn’t possible, cross your forearms and hold your elbows.
- Press the heels firmly into the floor and lift the sitting bones toward the ceiling. Turn the top thighs slightly inward.
Vrkasana (Tree pose)
- stand in Tadasana, keeping your feet firm on the floor
- draw your right foot up and place it against the inner left thigh
- square your pelvis and lengthen tailbone toward the floor
- bring your hands in front of your chest in prayer mudr